RE: Spit carb part & an unrelated story

To: "'Atwell Haines'" <karbuff@optonline.net>
Subject: RE: Spit carb part & an unrelated story
From: "Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 07:52:10 -0500

And what is wrong with having a Spyder? I had a Spyder
convertible some 25+ years ago, sold it when Uncle Sam
sent me to the UK. In the year and a half I had one, I
never saw another. Within a couple of weeks of arriving
in the UK, I took a bus to London to attend the Motor
Show. On the way back home through London, I looked out
the window and saw a Spyder convert. tooling around.

After I returned to the States, I ran into the guy I sold
the car to. Unfortunately, 4 years of snow and salt and a
teenaged driver had destroyed the car. I wish I still had
it.

Cheers,

Doug Mitchell
'73 Spitfire 1500