RE: Is Triumph coming Back???

To: "Bowen, Patrick" <pbowen@intellinetics.com>,
Subject: RE: Is Triumph coming Back???
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 19:31:19 +0100
At 12:31 11-1-2001 -0500, Bowen, Patrick wrote:

>Triumph never competed against BMW, as BMWs were considered to be in another
>size and defineately price class.

I think the Dolomite Sprint did compete very well with the BMW 2002. And I
also think the 2500 saloons competed with the larger, forgettable BMW
saloons of the day.

>Its like comparing a Chevy to a Porshe.
>I also find it hard to believe that BMW would be afraid of any startup
>autogroup, especially based soley upon the name.

I wasn't talking about a startup company. If the Triumph name were sold off
to MB-Chrysler or VW, BMW could be worried.

> - Remember they just sold
>a ton of names off anyhow.  Remember that MG and Austin-Healey were sold
>off, if any BMW would be more concerned about those - MG actually has
>production rolling.

I must admit you have a point there.

>BMW must have some plan for Triumph.

We'll see. Let's just hope they won't come up with a Triumph-badged BMW
Acclaim...

Cheers,

--
Eric Kieboom - The Netherlands