Re: RE: Is Triumph coming Back???

To: "Bowen, Patrick" <pbowen@intellinetics.com>,
Subject: Re: RE: Is Triumph coming Back???
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:59:01 -0700
> BMW must have some plan for Triumph.

Dear Lord! I hope not! The current production MG is an over-priced peice of
hideous. The new model Mini-while sweet, isn't exciting. At the L.A. auto show
this past Monday, there were all sorts of so-called "retro" designs. Most were
ugly and a good percentage were 'fugly'. (The 2 seater T-Bird being a rare
exception.) From what I could tell, the 'idea' behind 'retro inspired'
automotive design is to make a lot of roundish lines, a lot of bubble like
shapes, not neccessarily many flowing lines (remember-it has to pass the wind
tunnels and computer models) and don't have to have front portions that flow
into the back portions!

I'd rather not see a Triumph return unless it were a truly beautiful-and
"British" inspired design. But to have the name of my favourite marque
bowlderdized and prostituted for the current 'retro' craze and profit
(especially of a big *German* automaker) would truly be a horrible thing to
behold and I'd rather not see it. I'd rather that the name Triumph be kept
alive by us enthusiasts.

Laura G.
p.s.-the two most beautiful foreign cars at the show-which was a ball!-the
F-Type Jag -absolutely fabulous and small like a Spitfire; and the BMW Z8! But,
I kept hearing people saying what I have said-it looks like an old BMW had
raped an Aston Martin and the Z8 is the love child offspring.

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!