Re: car movies

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>, Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: car movies
From: Atwell Haines <karbuff@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 16:41:52 -0500
At 09:32 PM 1/3/2001 -0500, John T. Blair wrote:
>The young fellow at the Blockbusters was saying how he liked the movie and
>the foreign cars.  I asked him if he'd seen the original version, or
>Grand Prix, Le Mans, Bullet, etc.  He hadn't.

You have just described my library of films.  And my favorite,  "It's a
Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World"

>Then he checked his computer
>and they don't stock most of the movies I was naming.  So I went looking
>for then on amazon.com.  Found a lot of them.  Then a fellow at work told
>me about a list of videos that he had from Dayton.  So I searched and found
>they have a web site.
>
>So enjoy, if you're looking for any car movies try either of these 2 sites.

I got BOTH "Gone in 60 Seconds" for Christmas. The best deal on the
Original was from SamGoody.com, and in stock, too (VHS Only)  Reel.com
wanted over $90 USD, the nerve!

PS: I give the Original two thumbs up.  The Remake, one thumb. "though the
propane tank was kool.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire (gotta keep those thumbs in practice when you drive one of
these!)  <ducks>
Succasunna, NJ USA