Re: Re: So, who wants to sell me a Spitfire OD tranny?

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Re: So, who wants to sell me a Spitfire OD tranny?
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Tue, May 23 2000 11:30:35 GMT-0600
Actually, most of my driving is around town-sometimes I go a week without going
on the freeway! (Believe me, sometimes it's quicker and easier to go on surface
streets rather than on the freeway!) I only do highway driving when I go up to
L.A.-sometimes it's twice a week, sometimes it's twice a month.

In 20,000 miles, I haven't had any engine troubles-Dave built one great engine!
The problems that I've had have been a faulty altenator, a new starter motor,
differential and u-joint issues. (The rear end being the only part of the car
he didn't originally replace-he thought it was good! And it was for about
15,000 miles. And that'll soon be new anyway!)What I usually see Dave for are
valve adjustments and tune-ups-about once every 3 months.

Dave is good about not steering me wrong-afterall, he's the one who has to fix
Nigel! (And does it for nothing!) I trust him.

Besides, he's only a block and a half from my house-I go over and have a beer
with him after 5! He wouldn't see me any less!

Laura G.