Re: Oil preferences

To: Laura Gharazeddine <Laura.G@141.com>
Subject: Re: Oil preferences
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 12:47:08 -0700
Very interesting, indeed.  In order to squeeze 1600 cc from a Spit 1500 engine
one would have to bore each cylinder well over a quarter
of an inch.  There just ain't enough metal there to do that.  The other option
is to increase the stroke and since the 1500 is simply
an already stroked 1300, adding more length to the already too long stroke
would certainly compound the problem that the 1500 engine
has of flying apart at higher rpm's.

I'm most curious exactly how old Dave has managed to achieve this mystical
feat!!!

Joe