Oil preferences

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil preferences
From: trunnell@mindspring.com
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 08:35:31 -0400
Hi,

Since I installed my oil pressure gauge I am amazed at how much the viscosity
drops during highway driving especially on hot days.  I am currently running
Castrol GTX 20-50.  After driving about 40 miles to work at about 65- 75 mph
the oil pressure will drop to about 45 psi at speed and about 15 psi at idle.
Around town the pressure drop is not as bad.  Has anyone had better success
with a different brand of oil. I don't have an oil cooler, but it's looking
like I might need one.

Thanks,
Glenn