Re: 74 Is Alive!/elec. feul pump

To: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>,
Subject: Re: 74 Is Alive!/elec. feul pump
From: wizardz@toad.net
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 21:55:33 -0500
late model Spits have a 3 terminal oil pressure switch.
It has the usual single terminal to ground for the idiot light.
The other two terminals are a 'floating' SPST (single pole single throw)
switch.

It normally controlled the overrun solenoid on the carbon canisters.

A neat trick is to use this switch is series with the pump.

You get 3 benefits from this.
1) the engine won't fire off until you crank it enough to get oil pressure.
2) the loss of oil pressure (motor stops) the power to the fuel
pump is cut as well.
3) Open the bonnet.. pull the connector of the switch just as little bit...
and they'll have a hell of a time trying to drive anywhere if it's stolen
or a joy rider grabs it.

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html