Re: 74 Is Alive!/elec. feul pump

To: spitlist@gte.net, tlt@digex.net
Subject: Re: 74 Is Alive!/elec. feul pump
From: A666K@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 12:49:39 EST
Now wait a minute, I might be little confused here (working in Brazil for a
couple of months, and it happens to be carnaval week, so Im not all there...),
but none of these elec. fuel pump theories are making sense to me would someone
re-explain the following:

1.Terry suggests that the pump be mounted low for it to work less, but wouldnt
it be the same amount of work, since it will have to pump it right back up to
carb level ? (less vacum but more pressure)

2.If there is an advantage to locating it lower why would the tank design make
a difference? on the bottom feed it would obviously hold true, and on the top
feed syphooning would take place making it irrelevant.

3.Joe you suggest mounting the pump in the trunk for safety reasons, but
doesn´t that leave a lot more of your high pres. line exposed to the elments
(under the car) as well as the under the hood?

TIA,
Avi in Brazil, where I have yet to see a Spit, or snow....