Fan/Stereo Wiring Conflict

Subject: Fan/Stereo Wiring Conflict
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 18:14:50 -0700
Hello all,

I've recently added an electric fan (as a booster with a switch) and a nice
stereo to my Spit. I ran a new lead off of the top group of fuses so that it
would be switched, to a little junction box sort of thing where I connected
the hot leads for both of these. The problem comes when I am listening to
the stereo and then turn on the fan (or turn off the fan for that matter) it
interrupts the stereo long enough that it goes through some sort of reset
before the music comes back.

Does this imply I'm trying to draw more current through this circuit than it
can handle? If I took the lead currently coming off of my top fuse and tied
it to a switched lead off of the solenoid with an inline fuse would this
help? I suppose I could separate the stereo off of this circuit so that the
fan does not interfere, but wiring wise it's easy having them both share the
load.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave Moag
77 Spitfire
62 TR3B (deep in it's own wiring quagmire)