[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Shop-talk] Dent puller

To: Shop-Talk <>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dent puller
From: Doug Braun <>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 22:12:29 -0500
References: <> <>
I got a generic stud-welder setup from Harbor Freight a few years ago, for
$99 or so, and it has been very useful.  It seems like 80% of the dents I
have needed to fix were in places where there was no access to the back of
the panel, or the back was covered with undercoating, or I would have had
to remove an interior panel for access.  In situations like this, the stud
welder is very quick and easy to use.


On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 9:55 PM, Ronnie Day <> wrote:

> I remember stud guns starting to show up on the Spike/Powerblock shows two
> or three years ago. These tack a short piece of rod where you want to pull
> out a panel. You then use the slide hammer that comes with the kit to pull
> the crease out I think prices start at around $300 or so from Eastwood. Not
> as elegant as the setup on Wheelers Dealers, but much more affordable for
> hobbyists.

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>