[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Shop-talk] Dent puller

To: shop-talk <>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dent puller
From: Ronnie Day <>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 20:55:57 -0600
References: <>
It is very cool and remember researching it the first time Ed used it. Got
the name (which I no longer remember) off of the unit and plugged it into
Google. I seem to recall it was a UK/European company and it was way too
rich for my pocket book. It's basically a fancy stud gun that tack welds
the tabs with the slots along a crease in a body panel you want to pull.
Then a rod is inserted in the slots and the crease pulled out.

I remember stud guns starting to show up on the Spike/Powerblock shows two
or three years ago. These tack a short piece of rod where you want to pull
out a panel. You then use the slide hammer that comes with the kit to pull
the crease out I think prices start at around $300 or so from Eastwood. Not
as elegant as the setup on Wheelers Dealers, but much more affordable for


On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM, Jorge Garcia <> wrote:

> In the show 'Wheeler Dealers' they have used a dent puller that I would
> like to find and buy. It works by spot welding a number of fingers that are
> then attached to the "puller" by hooks. The puller has handle that pulls on
> the hooks by turning a handle. It looks very simple to operate. Has anyone
> seen the show and the use of this dent puller? If you know where I can
> purchase this tool please let me knw. I've already checcked Harbor Freight
> and Amazon's websites and they did not have it.
> Thanks
> _______________________________________________
> Donate:
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive:
> Forums:
> Unsubscribe/Manage:

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>