Re: [Shop-talk] A new OT problem.....

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] A new OT problem.....
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 16:05:37 -0400
At 12:49 PM 4/16/2011, Gerald Brazil wrote:

 >I really think that now I am down to some sort of stray signal that
is doing it.
 >We've pretty much eliminated the accidental bump. I don't  know anything
 >about radio so I am not sure what to do....I asked the Nissan
service manager
 >but he said all they knew was how to check to see if it worked and
replace it if
 >it didn't. He said they had no procedures for checking for
unintended operation.

Gerry,

Look around your neighborhood for any unusual antennas.  If you see any, you
might want to go up and knock on their doors.  Ask them if they are Hams or
CBs, and explain your problem.  Ask if they help with an experiment and have
then try transmitting and see if that affects your vechile.

 From a ham's standpoint we are allowed may different types of or modes of
communications from teletype, morse code, voice, slow scan tv, fast scan tv,
and many more.  So it could be a result of one of these modes.

Basically it may not be easy to figure out if they are interfeering
with your keyless
remote.  But it's a good start.

My son has a 95 Ford Taurus with a keyless remote entry system that is a
"factory" feature on his car.  Over the last several years, his car
has developed
a strange habbit of having the door automatically unlock (after he has locked
then) when the temps get below something like 40 deg.  I have found this
problem documented on some Ford forums, but not found a fix.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                        65 Rambler Classic