[Shop-talk] Welding a full tank

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Welding a full tank
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:10:46 +0430
Everyday our company send out a "Safety" message.  As you can image, their
are starting to reach for topics  (a little while ago we had one on
"Magnet Safety.)

Today was about container that appear empty.  They have a bunch of
information about cleaning them and such.  But caught my eye was when they
said that if you are going to do "hot work" on a container, fill it with
water.

My question, if you are welding a 55 gal drum for example, filled with
water, would you get proper penetration for the weld?

I was just curious.  Thanks!

Moose
Waldo Emerson

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums