Re: [Shop-talk] Adjusting exhaust

To: 4 - Healeys <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Adjusting exhaust
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 18:07:20 -0700
> Well, you must be a stronger man than I am.

Or perhaps just a little more creative with cheater bars, jacks & such <G>

I've even been known to use the hydraulic press as a bender, although for
exhaust pipe you'd probably want to make some mandrels from scrap lumber.
Suitable hole saw through a scrap of 2x4, then split it; would do for a
small bend I think.

But I modified a 7/8" diameter sway bar that way the other day, using only a
round chunk of steel between the ram & bar (plus some flat scraps of wood
between the bar & table), and it came out OK.

Randall

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums