Re: [Shop-talk] Adjusting exhaust

To: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Adjusting exhaust
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:26:37 -0500
Since you can't send it back, at least contact them to see if they have
any suggestions.

Next, find an exhaust shop and have them do the tweaking, they have the
dies for it.

If you have to do it yourself, I've used sand to keep smaller tubing
from kinking when bending it. Just pack the tube tightly with dry sand
and heat the pipe up. The sand will help keep the pipe from collapsing,
but it will need more heat than an empty pipe.

You can also make a metal shoe to fit the diameter of the pipe to help
keep the tube from kinking, or find a heavy spring that will fit the
exterior of pipe similar to the tubing bending springs used for copper
tubing (without heat).

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Steven Trovato, On 3/14/2010 3:14 PM: