Re: [Shop-talk] u-verse

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] u-verse
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 02:12:39 +0430
David asks?

>    Interesting.  I don't see how dish location can avoid weather
interference,
>unless you have a really effing tall chimney

The problem with most installations is that the dish is set on a pole,
which is extended from a flat (or pitched) surface.  This means that the
dish is effectively a tall sail in all windy conditions.  Over time, the
wind can move (albeit every slightly) in a direction.  Not to mention that
it vibrates the dish when it is windy.

Also, with nothing protecting if from above, it is open to all the
elements.  Placing it on the side of a building with a slight overhang
will do wonders.

Between these two factors, most of the problems can be eliminated.

(I thought I had a picture of my installation on my website, but I can?t
find it now.)

Seriously, it makes a world of difference.

Moose
Waldo Emerson