Re: [Shop-talk] Successfully using the HF Tire Changer

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Successfully using the HF Tire Changer
From: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:31:19 -0800 (PST)
Not comparing anything, but just making fun of his comments.
You see, the demo tire in the video was a soft sided tire. If it
were a race tire with stiff sidewalls, it would take a little
longer than 10 minutes with a helper. (Not to mention multiple
tire irons to get the bead in the proper position on the wheel.) I've
used the HF tool. I still have it.

Eventually, I'll have one of the real tire changing machines. I have
been keeping my eye on craigslist. The lower end coats go for
less than $500 here, but I've used those and had the crap scared
outta' me when the wheel pin let go.  I'll wait for one that has
the roller helper. Makes it much simpler. Also more expensive
too.

Brian
battmain@yahoo.com

From: Eric J Russell <ejrussell@mebtel.net>