Re: [Shop-talk] Successfully using the HF Tire Changer

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Successfully using the HF Tire Changer
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:23:11 -0500
I use the HF tire changer with their motorcycle adapter. Bike shops charge
full retail prices for new tires and ridiculous fees to change/balance
tires. It only take 1-2 MC tires (~ 10-15K miles/tires...) to have the HF
unit become 'free'.

Here's a U-tube video (no, it ain't me) of the HF tire changer in use for a
small auto tire.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LAABOgXU1s

Here's one with the MC tire adapter. (again, not me)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7546109776315225781

The MC tire adapter is a 'rim clamp' design. I covered the rim clamps with
the plastic dip stuff sold for tool handles. Prevents scratching the rims.
The black bar shown in the second video is NOT the one that comes with the
HF adapter. It looks like a custom made tool with a hard plastic shoe on the
end that slides around the rim. Again, avoids scratching the rim. (I have
such a tool - a 'group buy' through an on-line MC forum.)

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell