Re: [Shop-talk] Engine swaps; 350 SBC donor cars.

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Engine swaps; 350 SBC donor cars.
From: Matt Trebelhorn <matt.lists@trebelhorn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 12:48:38 -0500
LS1 is a whole family of motors.  Corvettes, yeah.  But there are
versions of that motor in SUVs and pickups, Camaros... all over.

There's a 5.3 all-alloy version, called "L33", that they put in
trucks and SUVs.  330hp -- not bad.  And because it's a truck motor,
it's cheap and plentiful.

Wikipedia has a good page on what the motors are, and what cars/
trucks had them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_LS_engine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Vortec_engine

Matt