Re: [Shop-talk] Oil grade selection

To: Karl Vacek <KVacek@Ameritech.net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Oil grade selection
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 06:55:43 -0400
Not a professional mechanic, but my feeling is synthetics are
probably not needed when everything is going right.  But some time
over the car's lifetime, something is probably going to go
wrong.  Maybe it will overheat.  Maybe someone will run it a little
low on oil.  Maybe life's emergencies will cause the oil change to be
put off for a while.  When those things happen, I'd rather have the
synthetic in there.  Unfortunately, I can't predict which day that
will be, so I consider the synthetic to be insurance.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net