Re: [Shop-talk] Oil grade selection

To: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Oil grade selection
From: "Chip Mautz" <clmautz@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 13:02:38 -0400
I'm a renegade, I guess - or maybe a maverick?  :-)
I don't subscribe to the change early and often mantra, I go usually
10-15k/oil change in my vehicles.

I've done this with:

a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (supercharged), no problems
a 2007 Jeep Wrangler - 30k miles so far, no problems
a 1999 BMW 323i - 142k miles, no problems
a 1988 BMW 528e - 250k miles, no problems
a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500
a 1996 Land Rover Discovery

and many other vehicles I've owned.  Some dino, some synthetic (old mobil 1
formula).

On another note - be aware, there is a new mobil 1 formula, which may not
protect like the mobil 1 of old.  Saw that on the net - maybe from some SCCA
racers.

Chip