[Shop-talk] Mercruiser 4.3

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Mercruiser 4.3
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 20:02:31 -0500
My next-door neighbor just bought a 93 Sea Ray with a Mercruiser 4.3 V6
engine.  He has had a heck of a time starting it but once he does get it
running it runs good.  He called me tonight thinking that I might help with
the problem.  We centered on the electric choke and I think the problem is
in the driver seat.  He doesn't have a manual so we don't know what the
procedure should be.  It looks like the throttle should be disengaged from
the shit mechanism with the unlock button below the engine control.  At the
first detent the choke seems to be free to move mechanically and if cold the
electric choke servo should move the choke butterfly.  Can anyone confirm
what the starting sequence should be, are we getting warm?  It is a Alpha
One Chevy based V6, 2 barrel carb with a Thunderbolt ignition.  I can't seem
to find anything on line about operating the engine.

Help,  he is taking his family to the lake tomorrow evening for a long
weekend.

Mark
Nashville