Re: [Shop-talk] Pressure washers

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Pressure washers
From: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 15:55:36 -0700 (PDT)
I picked up a 3000 psi unit from Lowes for around
$500 a few years ago after
some dipstick's version
of pressure washing was using my garden hose
on the
paint. Grrrr!
Other than the fuel shutoff valve going bad, it has
cleaned the
house in preparation for painting and
cleaned the sidewalk multiple times.
I bypassed the
fuel shutoff valve and it has been working fine
since I did
it.
For the tip, I got a rotating one because all the
other valves didn't
work fast enough for my liking with
the four layers of paint that was on my
house.
Looking at the lowes website, the closest I see is
now $799, but I
figure the more pressure, the
better. Yeah, I tried the little electric unit
from a
friend and all it did was annoy me. :) It wouldn't
even remove a paint
spot from the driveway. The
new one will and if I'm not carefull, remove the
driveway too.  Don't forget the safety gear. I had
goggles, ear protection,
thick leather gloves.
Brian
battmain@yahoo.com