Re: [Shop-talk] Pressure washers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Pressure washers
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 15:09:16 -0400
Bob Nogueira wrote:
> Like I said I'm not looking for the
> Hemi of pressure washers but rather the Toyota of pressure washers,
> something that will last .

The "hemi" is one of the most overrated overhyped pieces of BS in all of
automotive history, IMO...  and lots of Toyota engines WERE hemis too! (22R,
5MGE, etc)

But on topic...  I bought an "Excel" brand at Home Depot about 4 years ago for
~$400 and it's worked very well.  Unfortunately, I don't see one similar on
their web site now.  I bought based on engine -- it has a Honda 5 or 6HP;  I
really didn't want a B&S.. I don't know much about how the pumps differ, but so
far it's held up.  Only thing I've missed is an adjustable throttle -- this one
just has one of those auto-regulators.  The only way to adjust the pressure is
via the nozzle size.  It has a long "wheelbarrow" style frame, but the handle
can be flipped around so it's above the engine, reducing storage space -- very
nice.

   -Wayne