RE: Home a/c question

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Home a/c question
From: "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 12:35:56 -0400
Others have discussed the need for cleaning the drain tube.  I have a
different way.

I cut my PVC drain tube and inserted a coupler designed to connect two
tubes.  The coupler has rubber seals, and a threaded collar on each end
- it's a normal part that should be available at any hardware store.
Then I added a separate cap that can screw onto the coupler instead of
the connection for the other pipe.  A mall hole drilled in the cap
allows me to push my rubber tipped air gun to the hole and blow the line
clear with the compressor.  They I put the original pipe/coupler back
on.

Besides "gunk" growing in the line, I've had wasps build their nest in
the tube - hence the original air pressure solution to cleaning the
line...

As for how much water an A/C "creates"...

I once ran a plastic line from the outside end of the drain to my wife's
small strawberry patch.  After a couple of days, I had to disconnect it
as it was flooding the patch and drowning the plants.

Tim Mullen