RE: Home a/c question

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Home a/c question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 17:29:25 -0700
> Anyone know what the heck it could be?  Or even what the
> parts are called
> so that I can talk intelligently about it?

Sounds to me like you have a plugged condensate drain.  The coils inside the
house (called the evaporator) condense water out of the air, which
eventually drips off and needs to be disposed of.  There should be a pipe
running from near the bottom of the coils to a drain somewhere (or outside
on the ground).  Because of the constant moisture, it's not at all uncommon
to get moss or mold growing inside the drain, which needs to be cleaned out
and/or killed periodically.

I'd attend to this promptly, as whatever pan collects the condensate (water
from the coils) will eventually overflow (if it hasn't already) and let
water run down where it shouldn't be, like into your furnace.

Randall
(Tedious but unavoidable disclaimer follows)

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its
affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to
third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic
mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.