RE: Computer Question -- Spoofed e-mails

To: "'Matt Trebelhorn'" <matt.lists@trebelhorn.com>,
Subject: RE: Computer Question -- Spoofed e-mails
From: "Joel Zysman" <jpzysman@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 19:23:54 -0500
There could be a couple of things causing this. It could be anything from
someone intentionally spoofing from your domain; to somebody's machine being
zombied and sending emails using addresses from their Inbox (i.e. yours).
Either way, I do not think that there is anything the registrar can do about
it.  If your domain is being forged in the headers, it is probably not
coming off of your registrars' servers.  Have there been a great many of
these messages?  Are you using these domains for business.  I am trying to
figure out corrective steps outsdide of the registrar.  But if these are
personal domains, I personally wouldn't worry about them too much.

Joel Zysman
(I.T. Guy in real life).

<SNIP>

My fiancee and I both have our own domains.  She has her e-mail
forwarded to a webmail account; I use a POP3 account.

Recently, we've both been getting messages bounced back to us that we
never sent.  It appears that spammers are spoofing our addresses.
The domain registration service we use -- who also provides the
forwarding service and POP3 account -- says there's really nothing
they can do.

Is there really nothing to do -- or does step #1 involve getting a
better registrar?

Thanks a lot,
Matt & Julie

</SNIP>