RE: Shop lighting ... (again)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Shop lighting ... (again)
From: <bottorff25@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 16:43:10 -0600 (CST)
My two car garage is slightly oversized and I positively hate having to use
trouble lights or flashlights. I have five standard 8' flourescent fixtures
along with another 4' fixture mounted under a cabinet directly above the
workbench.

Placement is key. I have two fixtures running in a line across the width of the
garage so that when the hoods of the cars are open the fixtures are about 3
feet in front of them. The other 3 fixtures sit a couple feet behind the first
two and are arranged side by side with their bulbs running the length of the
garage. One of the three runs along the centerline of the length of the garage
and the other two are about a foot inboard from the walls. With two cars parked
in the garage there is a fixture in front of each open hood as well as one
running down the side of each car. With white painted walls and a painted floor
the light bounces nicely. I love it.

I have three switches. One for the front two lights, one for the other three
and one for the workbench.

-Damon