RE: Shop lighting ... (again)

To: "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Shop lighting ... (again)
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 17:09:03 -0800
> Did you mean fixtures or bulbs are cheaper? I've found 8' bulbs to be
> more than twice as expensive as 4' bulbs.

At the time, the bulbs were cheaper and the fixtures were about a push.  As
I recall, I paid about $22 for new fixtures, and a 15 pack of bulbs was
under $50.  Of course, I took into account that it only takes 1/2 as many 8'
bulbs as 4 footers.

That was over 15 years ago, so possibly not true today (but a little
Googling turned up a case of 30,000 hour bulbs for $45).
http://www.1000bulbs.com/products.php?cat=F96T12-Single-Pin-Fluorescent-Ligh
t-bulbs

Personally I have no problem with "cool white", and since they put out more
lumens than "daylight" bulbs, that's what I use.

Randall

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its
affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to
third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic
mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.