waste oil

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: waste oil
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 22:35:17 -0500
Can someone tell me if it's OK to dump waste oil in the oil tank for my
home heating oil?

I don't generate alot of waste oil (maybe up to 15 gals a year), so a
dedicated waste oil heater isn't worth it for me.  But can this small
amount be safely drained into my 1000 gal home heating oil tank?

NO PLACE around here takes it anymore.

Note, I do have my burner serviced each year, so if its only a matter of
it getting a little dirty, I don't mind.

TIA.

Inch

"We all know we're dying, And there's no sign of a parachute."
     Tori Amos