RE: waste oil

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: waste oil
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 11:35:34 -0800
   Any University near by ?  They are usually so full of
anti-polluters that they run "recycling areas" for waste oil.  UCSB
here is open on weekends for any and all hazardous waste recycling,
bring in anything liquid and they will take it off your hands for you
so you don't dump it down the drain.

  I must say the system works because since they opened it about 6
years ago the Water District claims that waste oil disposal down the
drain is down 90%.  Allowed to bring in 5gallons per month for free.

  However in Calif. all garages that change oil for customers must
also by law accept waste oil but they are allowed to charge a small
fee, my local Jiffy Lube charges a $1 for dumping oil but they sure
make it known they are not happy about it and they are unpleasant, so
I go to UCSB and get to see cute babes in white plastic hazardous
coveralls take the oil.

   Mike

p.s. had to throw in the Hazardous outfits so the wife does not know
that I go there for the babes.

Mike Rambour
Bug Writer err...Programmer
       mikey@b2systems.com
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/