Re: waste oil

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, "Mike Rambour"
Subject: Re: waste oil
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:21:51 -0500
Randall wrote:

> FWIW, both Pep Boys and Kragen will accept used motor oil
> for free.  They aren't unpleasant about it (at least my local
> ones aren't), but no cute babes.  Generally they make you
> pour into the tank yourself.  The upside is that they let me
> bring in a 5 gallon jerry can of the stuff.

Most of the big retailers and chain oil change shops are _happy_ to accept
your used oil because they get paid for it.  My Safety Kleen rep told me
they were paying up to $0.30 per gallon of used oil at the height of the oil
prices last Sept.  Normal priceing was something like $0.15/gal.

So why wouldn't they accept your free used oil???  Safety Kleen has a
minimum 100gal requirement before they'll pay for it, so there is no point
calling them if you have a few gallons laying around.  But they may accept
it, if you are willing to drop it off at one of their offices.

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke
Wishbone Classics