[Top] [All Lists]

Re: gate or ball valve for house water lines?

To: Wayne <>, Mark Andy <>
Subject: Re: gate or ball valve for house water lines?
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:58:55 +0000
From: Wayne <>
> I'd go with ball valves.  That's what I used on a water heater 
> installation a few weeks ago.
> They open to practically a straight pipe for smooth flow channel and 
> least pressure drop.  They're more simple than the gate -- no threads, 
> no stem packing, no channels or sealing edges for minerals or other crud 
> to latch onto.  And I think there's little or no fluid pressure on the 
> stem, so they shouldn't have the leaks you complained of.

Hey, if they are good enough for the natural-gas inspector, they should be 
adequate for water.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,
1994 Miata C package
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net
I decry the textmessagization of the American-English language.

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>