RE: Mounting an electric hoist

To: Phil Nase <nase@ptd.net>,
Subject: RE: Mounting an electric hoist
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 06:12:10 -0700 (PDT)
For lifting British car engines, you don't have to
worry too much about "specs", except that it should be
not too expensive, and not too hard to actually get.

Last year I got a folding crane from a travelling
Homier.com sale.  Their stuff is slightly below
HF in quality (a $9.99 angle grinder?!?), but
I paid something like $120 for the crane, and zero
for shipping.

Here is a photo of it being used to lift the body off
my '31 Ford:

http://www.dougbraun.com/model_a_gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=1519

or

http://tinyurl.com/mn46s