Re: Reconditioning power tool batteries (was Battery Buddy)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Reconditioning power tool batteries (was Battery Buddy)
From: "TONY CLARK" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 17:27:11 -0600
Karl wondered:

> On a similar topic, I need to replace one of the 14.4 volt XR battery packs
> for my DeWalt drill.  .  .  the battery packs are only a bunch of nicads in a
plastic case -
> is there some replacement brand that's got better cells, or alternatively is
> cheaper ?  Or someplace that will rebuild my packs reasonably, using good
> cells ??

My "Batteries Plus" store recently rebuilt my 13.2 packs for $23 each with 1500
mah cells . . 1800  mah cells would have cost a bit more but they seemed to
think that my "slow charge" packs would be good with the 1500s . . .  They seem
to be as good as new but no facts on how long they'll run on  a charge.
Tony