Re: Reconditioning power tool batteries (was Battery Buddy)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Reconditioning power tool batteries (was Battery Buddy)
From: Peter Murray <pete@partnercomm.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 16:34:57 -0500
PJ wrote:

>So I picked up the Pulsetech charger/reconditioner, but I'm wondering if it
>would be a good idea to try and recondition some of the 9.6 (Makita) 12 and
>14.4V (Dewalt) power tool batteries I have that get used, abused and recharged
>over and over again.
>
>Any recommendations?
>
>Thanks,
>PJ

Sorry, PJ - the power tool batteries that I typically run across are
NiCd, NiMH or LiOH. The PulseTech systems are designed for standard
lead-acid batteries:

 From the center of their front page:
"Works with all conventional flooded lead-acid batteries and sealed
''maintenance-free'' batteries, including VRLA, AGM and gel cell"

Wish they did, though. I just renewed my two Craftsman packs from 1999,
and it was not cheap! I can't conscience tossing out a perfectly good
drill just because of the dead packs, though I likely could have
replaced it (and more) for less money...

-Peter

--
Peter Murray (N3IXY)
Vienna, VA