Re: Stihl chain saw chain adjusting

To: Ron Horwitz <ronglue@yahoo.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stihl chain saw chain adjusting
From: Steve Dillen <sdillen@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:59:48 -0700
I have two Stihl saws, one with the quick adjust (018, my "camping saw")
the other with regular adjust (260, my "firewood saw").  Really, either
adjusting system works well and I wouldn't consider that feature to be a
make/break factor in your decision.

The easy start option is the "easy2start" feature as opposed to
"elastistart", right?  I don't really see much value in the easy2start
feature since both of my saws have always started with 3-5 pulls on
"choke" followed by 1-2 pulls on "fast idle".  The "elastistart" handle
is probably useful in the 460 and up saws...a different league.  I just
took a look at the video of easy2start at stihl and while it looks cool,
I don't know that I'd pay extra for it on a saw.  On a trimmer that my
wife might use I'd certainly consider it, but on a saw it seems that
pulling the starter is the easiest bit of work you'll be doing.

Steve