Stihl chain saw chain adjusting

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Stihl chain saw chain adjusting
From: Ron Horwitz <ronglue@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 07:39:58 -0700 (PDT)
I am getting ready to purchase a Stihl chain saw.
There are two offerings at the same power/bar level.
One is a regular start, tool adjusted chain tension,
the other is an "easy start" with a tool free chain
adjuster.  The prices are roughly $240 vs. $290.  I
only plan light use, primarily cutting already fallen
trees into more bite size pieces, rather than felling
a forest.  I don't think that I can justify the extra
expense, unless some wise chain saw user tells me that
the ability to adjust the chain by turning a
thumbwheel will make my life so much easier.

Comments?

Thanks,
Ron

Yahoo! Mail