Re: welder

To: mbarre@juno.com
Subject: Re: welder
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:04:39 -0400
mbarre@juno.com wrote:
 >> From a local garage sale - older Miller AC/DC econo twin welder.  It is a
 >> 220 unit, and is a little beat up, but the widow of the owner reported that
 >> as far as she knows it worked the last time he used it a year ago.  It has
 >> some very long leads but the insulation is pretty degraded so they would
 >> likely need to be replaced.  I didn't get the model # but I remember it
 >> showing 80% duty cycle.  She didn't have a 220 outlet in the shop to test
 >> it with.  Is this likely worth a $100 gamble?
If it is truly rated at 80% duty cycle, it is probably well worth the money,
even if you have to buy new cables.

Mike

 > MRB

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
Email:(msloane@att.net)
Website: <http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Tractor images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:  those who under-
stand binary arithmetic, and those who don't."