Re: Blast cabinet

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blast cabinet
From: LBC286@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:55:24 EDT
In a message dated 4/24/02 4:22:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
trovato@computer.net writes:

> Now, the
> folks who sell a small item, charge a flat $10 for shipping and put it in
> an envelope with a buck or two of postage...  that I consider dishonest.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

If it is stated in the ad that the shipping is 10 bucks for an item that can
probably be shipped in an envelope, and someone bids/orders it, I don't
consider it dishonest on the seller's part, I consider it stupid on the
buyer's part.

If buyers were smarter, nobody would order things with jacked-up shipping
charges that are obviously meant to be profit centers.  Those sellers would
have to change their methods to stay in business.  The problem is that many
people are stupid and don't read the fine print.  Then they blame the seller
when it is really their own fault.  You should NEVER order ANYTHING on the
Internet without knowing what you are paying in total.

There are some great buys on uBid, which is really not an auction, but their
shipping prices are out of line.  Let the buyer beware!

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget
'75 MG Midget "The Project"