lawn tractors

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: lawn tractors
From: JNiolon@uss.com
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:09:30 -0500
On Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:48:29 -0400, Mike wrote:
>Don't even
>think about any of the old standby's - Sears, John Deere, Snapper, Troy
>Built, Cub Cadet, etc.
> The commercial grade machines - Honda, Husqvarna,

interestingly enough, the current Sears line and the current
comparable Husqvarna look like they came from the same factory, but
got different paint and a different steering wheel.

we have a 20hp Sears, and after 1 year, it's developed a tendency to
throw drive belts. we've not yet taken it in for the service hacks to
take a look at it.

richard

I looked at Huskys on Saturday and was not impressed..  The Kawasaki
engines look good but the frame metal and sheet metal are light gauge.  I
also checked them on whosgotthebest-lawnmore.com and they were review
poorly mostly due to the deck design being top discharge and clogging badly
with wet grass..  I couldn't easily adapt my leaf vacuum system to the deck
without some major (probably warranty cancelling) modification either...

I'm drooling over a Gravely right now... but I think it's going to be a bit
over my price range $6K... It's an awful lot of tractor, but the price is
there also...

be looking at J Deere and Cubs later this week...    Nothing I've seen so
far (except the Gravely) has impressed me at all.

john

///