Re: Craftsman Wrenches

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>,
Subject: Re: Craftsman Wrenches
From: jvanho01@tir.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 07:24:14 -0400
It's to bad that you have had such a bad experience with Sears and
Craftsman tools.  I have been using them for over 40 years and have
returned tools for replacement on the West Coast, Gulf Coast, and the
Midwest and I have never had a problem with them questioning the guarantee.
 I have even had them break apart sets to get a particular wrench that they
didn't have as a separate item.  They have also replaced screwdrivers that
were obviously used as prybars and not question the abuse.  Perhaps, it has
a lot to do with the attitude that ones goes in with that affects the way
the sales persons react.  Just my experience and $.02 worth.

Jim V.