Re: Craftsman Wrenches

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Craftsman Wrenches
From: Lee Daniels <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:59:19 -0500
>>Maybe I'm a wimp, but I've never broken or bent an end wrench.

I've never broken one either, although I've split a few el-cheapo sockets.
The main problem I've had with open-ends is having them become too "open",
i.e. my 14mm open-end is now about 14.3mm and so is more likely to
round off a bolt head. I suppose that the trade-off is between making them
so hard that they break and not hard enough to break so that they give.

   Lee M. Daniels         Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
   daniels@tamu.edu                                 Texas A&M University
   http://acs.tamu.edu/~lmd1191