[Nobbc] Speaking of hydraulics.

To: 'North Bay British Car Club' <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Nobbc] Speaking of hydraulics.
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@srcity.org>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 09:04:52 -0700
It looks like I may well get the Herman van den Akker Toyota 5 speed tranny
conversion into the TR-6 this weekend. This after having to ship the tranny
back to southern Cal after UPS dropped the damn thing. In the mean time I
cleaned up the interior, put a new coat of paint on the floor pan etc etc.

Have one small but big issue. The captive nut on the floor pan on the right
front of the drivers side seat gave up the ghost. The placement couldn't be
worse. The hole in the floor pan is directly above the frame member there. How
in the hell  does one deal with this. Barely enough room to get even a screw
driver in the space. I thought of looking for something similar to metal
expanding molly fasteners used in hanging heavy objects on drywall. Haven't
looked yet to see if there is one available that will stand up to the stresses
on the seat. Any advice is welcome.

Deano