Re: mirror mirror on the fender

To: "Brian & Jan" <btsmith@island.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mirror mirror on the fender
From: "John Quilter" <jquilter@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 22:16:42 -0800
My solution to the side mirror question was to order some Honda Festival
motor scooter/motor cycle mirrors.  These are round mirrors about 4 inches
in diameter on a chrome stalk about 1/4 inch in diameter and about 7 inches
long.   I removed the center Phillips screw in the windscreen bracket and
the mirror stalk, which is threaded at the end,  mounted through the
windscreen bracket and a nut was placed on the inside.  I thought this was
great solution as the mirrors can be adjusted from inside the car, look very
period, and do not interfere with folding the screen or the sidescreens. The
chrome has held up very well over the 25 years they have been on the car.  I
got these pair of mirrors from a Honda motor cycle dealer and they were very
inexpensive,  less that $20 each as I recall.  Not sure if they are still
available but it is worth a try. If someone wants a photo e mail me and I'll
send a digital photo of one of my mounted mirrors.  I  have one on the RH
and LH side.

John Quilter
Brisbane, California