Re: mirror mirror on the fender

To: "Douglas Ormrod" <Douglas.Ormrod@neurological.org.nz>,
Subject: Re: mirror mirror on the fender
From: "Brian & Jan" <btsmith@island.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 20:00:07 -0800
Douglas

During my restoration I welded the holes on the wings as previous experience
with an MGA showed that they looked good but didn't work that well. After
looking for mirrors that would mount on the windshield frame, I heard from
someone on this list who had mounted the Lucas style wing mirrors through
the windshield frame. They are mounted opposite from how you would mount on
the wing and no holes are drilled, you simply bolt them on. The beauty of
this is that they are completely functional with the top and sidescreens and
also with the wind wings in place and if for some reason you wish to remove
them it takes only a couple of minutes. I have attached a picture that shows
the mirrors in place, sorry it isn't a closeup but you get the idea.

Brian