free to a good home

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: free to a good home
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 12:14:15 -0500
   Free to a good home -  four   5.60 x 15  Firestone bias ply tubeless
tires. These fit TD,and TF, and air-cooled Volkswagens.
   Installed in Jun 1995, when seeking the 'period-more-or-less"
appearance,  these have 15,476 miles on them. Purchased from Universal
Tire.
   They have not been punctured or repaired, and the sidewalls appear
good--no cracking.  The car is always garaged except when out driving, so
they are not sun-baked. I have had no concern about their condition; it's
just that radials are better suited to my driving at this time.
   Bias ply tires offer a ride different from that of radials, it's
softer and looser; not unpleasant, but different. One hears it said that
'It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow'.   That
applies to old-fashioned tires.
   They are of larger rolling circumference than most 165x15 radials, but
they have the skinny appearance that tires of 1950s displayed. I measure
the circumference of them at 82.13 inches.  The Gold Seal Dunlops
originally fitted at Abingdon measure 83.90 inches.  Some Michelin &
Kleber radials I measured were 77.93.
   UPS brought the new tires; I expect that UPS would accept these from
me for shipment.  I'll deal with the hassle of UPS or the post office,
but you pay the freight.
Bob Howard