Re: gas tank cap seal

To: <drmoyce@ent-oakland.com>, "Bob Howard" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: gas tank cap seal
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:32:26 -0700
What Andy described is a fix I have used for many years with great success
on TCs, TDs and TFs. However, I believe Andy must have read the instructions
upside down {VBG} - as Bob surmised, the holes should be drilled near the
flared end to allow the air to escape when the tank is being filled.
Drilling them at the cut end just limits the amount of gas that can be put
into the tank (though, with current gas prices, that might not be a bad
idea!)

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center