Re: Temerature

To: "S. Allen" <sallen3663@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Temerature
From: yd3@nvc.net
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 14:26:03 -0700
<<<Snip>>>
Second, I read on the O'Connor Classics site a few years back about
using a MGB plastic seven-bladed fan in place of the original
four-bladed metal fan.  The article claimed that it would lower the
engine temp by 10degC.
<<<snip>>>

Only if you're driving less than about 40 mph, or stop & go.  At highway
speeds the fan can actually IMPEDE the flow of air through the
radiator.  Although the flexifans probably do it less than a steel one.
However the original fan has little surface area and would probably
impeded air flow less than the plastic.  I've run many 1000's of road
miles sans fan.  My TD only sufferes heating problems on 90+ dF days
when driving against winds and driving speeds above 60 mph.

Regards,
Blake